Saving for Retirement
Prepare for the retirement you envision with practical, personal guidance and a range of online resources.
Three steps to getting on track and saving for retirement:
1. Start with a snapshot of your current situation.
- Use our Retirement Savings Calculator to see where you stand today.
2. Define your retirement savings plan. Here’s how:
- Begin with key strategies for saving—then learn how to estimate your needs.
- Create a portfolio that reflects your long-term goals and risk tolerance.
3. Make the most of all of your savings options.
- Maximize contributions to your existing 401(k), 403(b), 457, or other qualified plan.
- Open a Traditional IRA or a Roth IRA for tax-advantaged growth.
- Consider an Individual 401(k), a SEP-IRA, or a profit-sharing plan if you have your own business.